Support for yeast dermatitis (topical skin yeast overgrowth)
- Helps maintain normal amount of skin yeast
- Promotes healthy coat
- Normal skin odor
- Supports comfortable skin and ears
Order Derma Support Gold today to help maintain your dog's healthy skin.
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
Calculate Dose - How long will this last my pet?
?What should you expect with our products?
What is Derma Support Gold?
Derma Support Gold is an herbal product developed by a veterinary doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for dogs with excessive yeast on their skin surface.
TCM is an ancient practice of medicine used for approximately 2500 years. It works with principles of energy in the body that work in a practical way to rebalance what has come out of balance. As a simplistic example, "cooling" remedies are applied to counteract symptoms of heat in the body (like a hot, red rash). TCM traditionally uses these types of energetic principles, and scientific validation is able to verify the precise mechanisms to explain how herbal medicines are working at the cellular level.
The formula's action is based on the specific symptoms and imbalances that canines experience with fungal (yeast) overgrowth on the skin and inside the ears.
This unique formula can help restore the correct balance of yeast, a fungal organism that is normally present on healthy dogs' skin and inside the ears. It is only when the yeast starts to grow in an abnormal way and over proliferate that it will cause unwanted symptoms.
Derma Support Gold is taken internally.
What is Derma Support Gold Used For?
A species of yeast called Malassezia pachydermatis is a normal organism found on the skin and inside the ears of all canines. If this organism proliferates too much, an overgrowth occurs, causing a variety of symptoms that can be uncomfortable and also change the appearance and smell of the dog's skin and coat.
The condition often starts with minor itching and red patches on the skin and progresses over time to chronic itching, thickened skin and hair loss. The excessive yeast causes an increase in oil production on the skin so you may see a discharge and the coat will often appear greasy. There may be a crust on the skin and an offensive odor.
The itching can be a constant discomfort to the dog. The regions most affected are places where the skin creases, so canines can commonly be seen trying to relieve itching between the paw pads (gnawing at their paws) and scratching their ears. It may also affect the anal area, folds of the nose and eyelids, around the neck and the armpits.
Yeast overgrowth can cause:
- Intense itching
- Skin irritation and inflammation (especially around the ears, paw pads, between the toes, folds of the nose, anal area, neck and the armpits)
- Skin redness
- Sticky discharge
- Hair loss
- Foul-smelling skin
- Yellowish / greenish discharge from ears with a musty smell
The condition may be linked to lowered immunity, an allergy, longtime use of antibiotics or other medications, especially steroids. It may occur when other, primary medical conditions exist. Hormonal problems like hypothyroidism or Cushing's disease, external skin parasites or chemotherapeutic drugs may be contributing factors to an overgrowth of yeast on the skin.
All dog breeds can be affected by yeast overgrowth on the skin (also called Malassezia dermatitis) but the condition is more common in certain dog breeds: Basset Hounds, Cocker Spaniels, Dachshunds, Poodles, Chihuahuas, Maltese and some terriers (Silky Terriers, West Highland White Terriers and Australian Terriers).
A note from our veterinarian...
Derma Support Gold results will depend on the severity of your dog's condition and length of time since it began. Expect symptoms to gradually lessen over weeks or months. Results vary for each patient.
Once desired results are achieved, the formula may be discontinued. Reintroduce as necessary. The formula does not need to be used constantly and is meant to be used when symptoms appear.
The herbs in Derma Support Gold are potent and are formulated to help symptomatically and to also address the underlying imbalance.
In the Traditional Chinese Medicine model, a yeast overgrowth on the skin is known as a 'Damp Heat' skin condition. Damp Heat can be exacerbated by external sources (poor diet or food allergies) and/or internal sources (such as stress). Damp Heat conditions are generally slow to resolve and this should be taken into consideration. A "quick fix" is generally not going to fully resolve this type of skin issue for the long term.
In Damp Heat conditions, an herbal formula works to "detoxify and cool the blood". This description is particular to a TCM model and approach which can be more effective than anything else when treating this type of disorder.
Be certain that a yeast overgrowth is the skin condition that your dog is suffering from before administering Derma Support Gold. Consult your veterinarian as needed.
Food Allergy or Sensitivity?
It is necessary to determine whether there is a food allergy or sensitivity, as these can contribute to yeast overgrowth.
Similar to humans, dogs may build up sensitivities to foods that are eaten daily, without a break. Just like humans, dogs are healthiest with a varied diet. Be sure to switch your dog's foods at least from time-to-time. The most common foods that cause sensitivity or allergy in dogs are: beef by-products, dairy products, chicken, chicken by-products, soy, corn, wheat, and artificial food coloring.
Make sure your dog receives a diet high in nutrients. Consider supplementation of vitamins, minerals, and especially omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3s have been shown to provide the body with support for inflammation and repair of the skin, and they are extremely beneficial for maintenance of skin health. You can also include a daily supplement like SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement that contains nutrients and superfoods from whole food sources, probiotics, and enzymes for overall good health, immunity and energy.
Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Derma Support Gold comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why Choose Derma Support Gold for Your Canine Friend?
- Selectively Chosen Herbs: This formula is entirely prepared from herbs that meet the highest quality standards. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure optimal potency.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Derma Support Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Derma Support Gold?
Derma Support Gold is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer Derma Support Gold twice daily:
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 2 lb (1 kg) of body weight
- 30 - 34 lb: 0.75 ml
- 35 - 44 lb: 1.0 ml
- 45 - 64 lb: 1.25 ml
- 65 - 79 lb: 1.5 ml
- 80 - 99 lb: 1.75 ml
- 100 - 119 lb: 2.0 ml
- 120+ lb: 2.25 ml
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. Derma Support Gold is enhanced with delicious, natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing.
- Not to be used during diarrhea. If stools become loose, reduce daily administration. Discontinue if loose stools persist.
- Do not use with blood thinners.
- Use caution with immunosuppressants.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Derma Support Gold is Formulated With:
- Baikal Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis)
- Phellodendron bark (Phellodendron chinense)
- Sophora root (Sophora flavenscens)
- Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa)
- Chinese Smilax root (Smilax glabra)
- Plantain seed (Plantago asiatica)
- Knotweed aerial parts (Polygonum aviculare)
- Summer Cypress fruit (Kochia scoparia)
... 500 mg per ml
Herbs are selectively imported and tested for purity.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.